Friday, February 20, 2009

Storm 19: Ya missed it!


I missed it, too. Storm 19. I have no idfea if it ever put on much of a show for anyone. You can see it now (3:30 am, PST, 090220) flying off to the right in the satellite photo. It leaves behind a huge "cutoff" low. A cutoff low is fully round, not u-shaped, and going around in a perfect counter clockwise circle. Upper air flow of normal lows don't make the full rotation, they come in the west side and exit on the east. The cutoff low pressure cell appears to be spawning Storm 20. If My eyes don't deceive me, it looks like it's sucking up some huge globs of subtropical moisture from just east of Hawaii -- the vaunted "Pineapple Connection!" If that storm 20 line I've drawn on the satellite photo indeed turns into a full cold front and brings along that subtropical moisture, it will rain hard hard here in California next week. Well, join me right here and watch its progress to find out if I was right. The weather service calls for a chance of rain on Monday. Of course, that means no rain for Fresno's Mardi Gras celebration!
Bead me! Bead me!

No comments:

Post a Comment