WTFIGO??
What angered me much more was Obama's wording, his "taking points" in his "pushback" rhetoric. According to him, we need to MOVE ON! We are standing in the way of progress! Oh my God.
Many progressives has joined his call to MOVE ON. Many, as in practically ALL OF THEM.
DIGG comment
Hey you goose-stepping liberal progressives: this poo-pooing us for speaking up is wrong. All you're doing is kneejerk-suffocating a minority voice. It ain't nothing new. You all go have a nice time at your inaugurating thing. You all go MOVE ON to your bigger fish and fry them up and gorge yourselves!
Change? This is the change. Wow, I can barely see it through my RAGE.
Things are great! Status Quo rocks!
DIGG comment getting "buried" by Obama supporters:
"Ah, it's Obama's "Sista Soulja" moment. How Clintonian of him. Wonderful."
Recall Clinton won favor with Americans by separating himself from Jesse Jackson, using the contents of a speech by 80s female rapper Sista Souljah at a Jesse Jackson rally to shoot down his candidacy. Jesse was no longer a nuisance to Bill Clinton's run for president. The Clintons tried the same maneuver again, this time on Obama with Reverend Wright. I was very enraged by this Clinton crap. I rooted with every part of my being for Hillary Clinton's defeat. I donated to Obama 3 times: the first time after hearing his candidacy announcement speech on You Tube a few days after it was given. The 2nd time after seeing Hillary was trying to beat Obama using racist sentiments in West Virgina and Pennsylvania, scoring big with voters in those states with a nasty underground secret Muslim campaign coupled with tying him to Reverend Wright sermons. The third time was to get him to the finish line, facing a vigorous campaign by Sarah Palin, whose rhetoric could inspire political violence.
I proudly saw him all the way, my proudest moments giving money and giving time to him, but then came the moment I had to stop cheering. It was long after election night. Obama was opposed to gay marriage himself. He supported civil unions. (*gag*). But he did issue a statement he seemed to not really want to cost him votes that he endosed "No on 8". An intelligent man, he must surely have been moved by the California Supreme Court's majority decision statement pointing out the denial of civil marriage in a free State with equal rights in Unconstitutional.
Since Gay Rights went down to defeat, and he went on to victory, Obama seemed content to just let the people's voice stand as is, issuing no statement of disappointment. But I am shocked, saddened and enraged by his enthusiastic embrace of Yes on 8 people for his inauguration and possibly more. Now the reality of the impact of Proposition 8 is hitting home.
I've been scoffing at the notion of Gay being the new Black. I find it offputting to say the least, but it's queerly and apparently true. We're now the minority you go say "piss off" to in order to rally America united to your side. Well, go get 'em Obama. You're bringing America together behind you. You have won many supporters with your move. And besides, it's also payback time. Your move is payback to all the gay people who backed Hillary, me NOT being one of them. This gay support for Hillary was inexplicable given how we were siding with Hillary's redneck-embracing campaign against Obama. How many times do we have to beaten up in the streets before we realize who's doing the beating? C'mon!
Digg comment:
The whole core of being against gay rights lies in how people look at gay people. 1) Are they (we I mean) no more than just part of a larger group of people with behavior problems and sex issues, or 2) people with a natural, god-given sexual orientation, just like everybody else?
If we are the former, our fight for equal rights is illegitimate. If we are the latter, then stand up and say no to benign, lovable bigots who take time out of their day to work against our rights.
Reply 1:
"This particular liberal has no problem whatsoever with the choice of Warren. Barrack Obama is going to be EVERY American's president once he's sworn in."
Ugh! Puke!
Reply to reply by another replier:
"The thing to do is let cool heads prevail and take it for what it is - an attempt to bring people together. It's a noble goal and I wish Obama all the best in it. Comments like yours certainly don't help though."
Well, I hear you, man. Can I "friend" you? I'm so cotton pickin' mad!
This all because we lost that damn prop 8 vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment