Saturday Night Live, 090117
Diane Sawyer Cheney Interview Prologue ........ 2.0 stars
Opening Titles..................................................... 4.0 stars
Host Monologue Rosario Dawson/Sr. Latino..... 2.5 stars
North American Savings Mock Ad.................... 2.0 stars
Da Learnin' Train Skit ....................................... 2.5 stars
Guantánamo Bay Going Out of Business Sale 3.0 stars
Aladdin and Wife Skit ...................................... 1.5 stars
Digital Short "Here's To Friends"....................... 2.5 stars
Gillian Skit ......................................................... 0.5 stars
Fleet Foxes (Guest)........................................... 4.5 stars
Weekend Update with Seth Meyers.................. 4.0 stars
La Policia Mexicana Skit ................................. 4.0 stars
The View Skit .................................................. 2.5 stars
House band Jam ............................................. 4.5 stars
Fleet Foxes (Guest) ......................................... 4.5 stars
Good Excuse! Skit ......................................... 0.5 stars
Farewell ......................................................... 4.5 stars
Dear Saturday Night Live,
First, kudos on booking the cool new band. They were very good. The skits need to be fewer and more funny, but your personalities are as usual, excellent. Cut 3 skits from the show, let the guest musical act do a third song to allow them to establish some stage presence, then offer a slot of time to an act who's a big local draw, be it stand-up, troupe or improv comedy, poetry, dance, drama, freestyle rap or something new. I remember you first aired "Mr. Bill" as a submitted film of the week. Do something like that again. Bring the cool back to your show. Your personalities are awesome. It's the weak skits I find befuddling.
Update--I'm revising the Guantánamo bit upwards a star to 4. That was remarkably well-done.
Originally posted to MySpace (I'm niiicedave, if you want to visit me)
No comments:
Post a Comment