If you want health care reform, you must support a PUBLIC OPTION aka the "Public Plan." I'll tell you what: the SECOND it is implemented, I'm switching to it. I don't care if I'm threatened with loss of health insurance if I switch and then the Republicans manage to get it repealed. I will sign up in a freakin' heartbeat! I will relieve my employer of having to pay part of my health care benefits directly, though I suspect the minute a PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN is passed, all our expensive private plans will be automatically canceled and we will all be on the public plan, or none at all. Simple bottom-line economics there.
But my dreams of there finally being a public health insurance plan I can switch to immediately may be all for not if my President, Barack Obama, doesn't support it. He has gotten awfully cozy with powerful private health insurance executives and may even be privately (pun intended) assuring them he doesn't support a public health plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment